Get Your Card

What do I need and where do I need to go?

To obtain a Hokie Passport, you must be a registered student. This means that you cannot be issued a card if you are not currently registered for at least one class. This is true even if you are planning on being registered for future classes.

When you visit the Hokie Passport Services office, you will need to fill out an ID Request Card (example shown below). The ID request cards are located on tables in the Student Services Building lobby. Take the card along with a valid U.S. driver's license or international passport to the ID window. There is no charge for the first ID you are issued, but replacement IDs cost $25. The $25 charge will be waived if the picture is unrecognizable or if the card has been damaged from normal wear. The existing card must be presented at the time of replacement. A $25 replacement charge will apply to stolen IDs. For more information on lost or stolen cards, click here. Cash, check (made out to Treasurer, Virginia Tech), or Hokie Passport Account are accepted as forms of payment for IDs.

You will be required to present valid, original, and commonly recognized official photographic credentials at the time you obtain your VT ID. Current forms of valid photographic credentials accepted by Hokie Passport Services include U.S. state issued drivers licenses, International Passports, and the United States Military Identification Card. Photocopies, photographs, and electronic copies of the aforementioned credentials are not acceptable. Should your identity be unverifiable for any reason, additional documentation or processing may be required.

Northern Virginia Center students: ID cards for registered Virginia Tech students are being made at the Northern Virginia Center Resource Center at 7054 Haycock Road, Falls Church VA 22043. Please call the center directly at (703) 538-8340 or visit their website for more information on Student ID Cards and Hokie Passports.

ID Request Card